Sounds like a sleazy topic, but it is true! I’ve been thinking for a time now that it is again time to challenge myself, and the last time I did that was when I wrote a book. Having all the deadlines, doing research and validation and of course have a clear image of where you want to go was thrilling!
So now I’ve decided to go at it again! with the title: Building the Modern Workspace on Microsoft Azure – So what’s it is actually about? Well, what do you think when you hear the word workspace? It is how we can build the future workspace for our end-users. the content is now mostly based on keywords at the moment while I’m building the outline properly, but most of based upon 3 main topics, traditional EUC with Citrix & VMware and also adding in Windows Virtual Desktop and how to manage modern application delivery. Then in order to build these solutions on Microsoft Azure, I’m also going to focus on deep dive management, operations and automation of resources in Azure. Lastly, I’ll be moving into EMS and Azure AD to do modern device management and integration from an identity perspective. So some key topics:
- Citrix & VMware ( Delivering VDI/RDSH on Microsoft Azure)
- Windows Virtual Desktop
- Office 365 delivery
- Layering, Application Virtualization
- Microsoft Azure (Building, managing and operating on IaaS level)
- Automation and Operations
- Security and Governance
- Architectural design
- EMS (Utilizing EMS to integrate with the different solutions)
- Security – Securing the Identity as the perimeter and how to manage security across devices/applications.
- Building the modern workspace, how to integrate application delivery across solutions & platform together with security-based context.
I would love to hear feedback on the topics in the book, and if there is anything that you would like to read about or something else, stay tuned!