Today Microsoft released a Management Pack for VMM 2012R2 Fabric (or a dashboard view)
Which can be found here –> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39635
If you want to install this, there are a couple of prerequistes that you need to take care of.
(Which are not stated on the download page)
First you need to install some additional management packs on SCOM
- Windows Server Internet Information Services 2003
- Management packs that are required by the management pack for Windows Server 2008 Internet Information Services 7:
- Windows Server 2008 Operating System (Discovery)
- Windows Server Operating System Library
- Windows Server 2008 Internet Information Services 7
- Windows Server Internet Information Services Library
- SQL Server Core Library
And then you have to connect VMM 2012R2 with OPSMGR2012R2
Which can be done under settings and System Center settings –>
After that is done, SCVMM will import some additional management packs into SCOM (For VMM monitoring) and then you can import the downloaded dashboard.
You will find the dashboard under Monitoring –> System Center Virtual Machine Manager –> Cloud Health Dashboard
And from here I can for instance view the Fabric Health Dashboard which will give me more detailed info om my virtual infrastructure.
Network Node monitoring physical networks (So you would have to enable network monitoring in SCOM in order to get information)
The purpose of this dashboard is just to give you a quick overview of (What is the health of my cloud?)